Professional Dance Instructors Association (PDIA)
The PDIA's goal is to raise the standard of teaching of partner dancing all over the world. The tools and training we provide enable partner-dance instructors to effectively teach what they want to, in a clear and concise manner.
PDIA's program is not about standardizing any particular syllabus or style of dance. You can use your own syllabus or we can provide one for you. What we will show you is how to teach a group class as well as a private lesson with great success, based on the combined experience and skills of top professionals.
Whether you teach Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Country Western or other partner dances, this program will benefit you in more ways than you can imagine! For example:
* More confidently lead dance classes, convey new concepts and keep students motivated
* Be better prepared to answer questions that students raise
* Better understand individual students' frame of reference to recognize why the ask the questions they do and what those questions really mean
* Effectively correct and help students to improve
* Effectively demonstrate patterns, technique and concepts for both leaders and followers
* Confidently manage common classroom or private lesson challenges
* Retain loyal students and generate referrals